The thought that came over me was that I do not want to brow beat him or any one else for that matter, but I do want to tell them the truth. The Bible is not to be used to attack folk, but to educate and uplift. If the Bible convicts you, it is not you per se that is convicting the person, but the sins against the word of God that is convicting them. There are many people that go through life and are never convicted by their sins, but if you are one of the people that are feeling a conviction; then that is the Holy Spirit trying to get your attention.Now I know you are like what does any of this have to do with Kung Fu. Well as most know by following this blog; I love movies. And Kung Fu came up because they always say, in Bruce lee movies or when a Kung Fu master is training his students, "Kung Fu is to be used for defense only and not to kill". Now that doesn't mean Kung Fu in the wrong hands can't be used to kill, but that is not it's purpose. Just like the Bible; it can be used to kill and harm others, but that is not it's purpose.
New "Super" Christians want to help, but there are some that want to just exploit the Bible and use it as a weapon. The Bible is a weapon all by itself, it doesn't need you to make it sharper (Heb 4:12). I have to always remember that my job as a minister/preacher is to educate as well as uplift. As a Christian I am not to intimidate people but to imitate Christ; which means I am to show love in all that I do. That's not easy to do if you are not walking in the Spirit. If you are not walking in the Spirit then that means you are walking in the flesh. Which also means that things such as pride and self gratification will possibly be planted into your ministry which will sprout weeds and choke the life out of your testimony and teachings.
I make no apologies for the word, but I always try and apologize if something I say may sound like it is coming at them sideways. I will go to great lengths to try and say what needs to be said exactly as the Lord gives it to me without making them feel like they are less than a Christian of a believer simply because they are not doing everything. Some people are not there yet and it takes time but at least be a righteous example yourself. Let God's Light shine through you by your actions and love. That doesn't mean you don't be straightforward and set boundaries to protect your own spirit because all of us need to do so. But that does mean we should empathize with others in trying to understand where their walk with the Lord is at presently. Doing so gives us better information as to how to handle the situation and what to say and when to say it.
Kung Fu is great to master and is wonderful to show off to friends and family but it is not to be used as a weapon. Showing off your Bible knowledge is great and wonderful and yes it shows you have been studying and spending time with the Lord, but it is not a weapon for you to use to hurt people. Remember their was a time when you didn't want to hear the word of God yourself. Remember this the next time you minister or testify to someone about the goodness of the Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment