Thursday, October 4, 2012

Comprehension is not a requisite of cooperation


Isaiah 46:9-11....
9 Remember the things I have done in the past.
    For I alone am God!
    I am God, and there is none like me.
10 Only I can tell you the future
    before it even happens.
Everything I plan will come to pass,
    for I do whatever I wish.
11 I will call a swift bird of prey from the east—
    a leader from a distant land to come and do my bidding.
I have said what I would do,
    and I will do it.

Whoa!!! is all i can say after reading that.  Second thing that comes to mind is that God don't play.  In this chapter in this passage God declares that he is the one true God.  Now he obviously does so throughout the bible, but this particular passage stuck out because for me this shows a piece of God's sovereignty.  The word sovereign means: having supreme rank, power, or authority; greatest in degree, utmost, extreme.  This is the God we serve!!

The quote in the title is from one of my favorite movies (told u i was a movie nut) "The Matrix Revolutions".  There are so many biblical references that the Spirit revealed to me in these movies that it isn't funny, but for sake of time I just want to discuss this one.  In this sequence Commander Lock is frustrated and cannot understand the reason behind the councils decision to ascertain the fate of Neo, the one.  And so Counselor (played by Cornell West) says with authority and certainty of his position "comprehension is not a requisite of cooperation".  Boom; end of discussion, for I have spoken....Sound familiar?

The one thing that sticks out to me in both the quote and the scripture is that God is sovereign and he doesn't have to explain a single thing to me or any other human being on this planet.  Now you see that look in the picture he is giving above.  That's the look a lot of us as believers and non tend to give our creator.  That "did he just say what I thought he said" look; yep his word says a lot of things in it that will make us give that "look".  God IS sovereign and he doesn't have to answer to anybody about his methods or ways.  He is the creator and we are the created.  As believers we have to accept this fact; we don't have to understand it, but we do have to accept it.  The word of God is absolute; we will not ever understand everything about God's ways (Isaiah 55:8-9).

To know any secrets as to the spirit of God you have to have....the spirit of God.  (1 Corinthians 2:9-16)  This passage of scripture explains exactly what I mean.  When you are a non believer and living in the world; you will not understand anything that the Bible speaks on.  The Bible is not for the non-believer, but for the believer.  Sure you will get something out of it but a non-believer cannot understand why when someone reads from the scripture Psalms 46:10; we get excited.  Or Romans 8:28 or a host of any other scriptures in the Bible?

My point is this; just like Paul says in 1 Corinthians 9:27; got to deny self and keep your fleshly desires in check.  That means when your flesh wants to know why God does what he does more than being obedient to what God commands; then you have to make your flesh yield to the spirit.  Commissioned Men of God do not question God's motives or tactics, we simply obey and follow.  That is what a good soldier does.  They trust in their commander or superior officer.  But the great thing about Christ is He is not a dictator but a facilitator.  And he does so in Love.

2 comments:

Anointed Messenger said...

Great word Andrae. I too love the Matrix movies for the many spiritual revelations. I linked to this post. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Your very welcome. To God be the glory. It's funny this came up, because I just got through watching the second matrix movie with a friend and the one thing I pointed out was the religious undertones in the movie. Thank you for commenting - Be blessed and a blessing