This November is the well known month of Thanksgiving. It is the one time in the whole world where everyone spends that little bit extra time and reflect on what they are thankful for. I have much to be thankful for and i would like to just touch on a few different things that I am thankful for throughout this month on this blog.
As you can see from the beginning of this post I put the word grace up and then I gave a definition of it. If its only thing i learn in my ministers classes at my church home; it's never assume the congregation knows because you know. So with that in saying I put the definition of the word grace. Take a look at it and reflect on it. Does it pierce your heart? Does it make you cry and thank the Lord? If it doesn't it should. God's grace is given to us through no action of our own. Another word you may have heard that means the same thing as Grace is Favor. We receive favor just because he loves us. You wake up every day, that is grace and favor; you are able to get up and get dressed by yourself, that is grace.Grace doesn't have to some in some big flash of miraculous visible favor for all to see. It could be something as simple as a peaceful day; that's grace. Unmerited divine assistance given. This is given through God's love for us. Salvation is given to all who believe because of his grace.
For it is by grace you have been saved through faith. and this is not your own doing; it is the GIFT of God...Ephesians 2:8
See I am not making this up. Right there in the bible as clear as day it says it for you. It is the gift of God. Unmerited divine favor that is given to us. i thank God for this entire year. It has been a rough, challenging, heart wrenching year. But it has also shown me God's grace and his love for me. Some would say "how can you see God's grace through your divorce" and I say because he kept me. Divorce is the closest thing to death you will feel. You feel ripped apart, broken, lost and alone. And here is where I found God's grace. Here is where the Lord picked me up and showed me that he can lead me out of this darkness I was in. I have not looked back since I saw his Grace.
Everyone I pray gets to experience his grace for themselves. That they see how much God loves them and has kept them even when you didnt want him. Even when you didn't believe he is real. He still showed you grace. Grace is Christ; Christ is love...therefore Gods grace is God's love....
No comments:
Post a Comment