One thing the Lord made very clear to me on that Jan 3 when he
broke me down is that was that I needed to pick a side. I spent a good chunk of my life living on
both sides of the fence. For years I would say I am a believer, but I was
still out there fornicating and drinking and smoking and doing the whole YOLO
thing. Of course back the streets would say that I was just "Doing
me". And basically that is what I was doing. Whatever felt
good at the time was what I did. Even after I accepted my call to the
ministry to preach God's word; I still was on the fence on everything. I
was willing to serve here and not there. Now mind you I am a PK
(preachers kid) so I know the right things to say and the actions to do, to
keep the saints off my back. I know them all, trust me my sisters and I
used to play around back in the day and act like we were having church. It
was innocent fun as kids, but even then the enemy was going to bring that back
to remembrance; and he did.
The bible says
that a double-minded man is unstable in ALL his ways (James 1:8).
Double-minded basically means you are playing both sides of the fence.
You are unsure and have no direction in your decision making process.
See the Lord doesn't need wishy washy servants. They are unreliable
"fence jumpers". I kid you not there are many a saints out
there in church that are living double-minded lives.
They want the benefits of the Lord, but don't want to serve him.
They want to call on his name, but don't want to listen when He
speaks.
They want position in church, but won’t share Christ in the world.
To be a commissioned man of God means you have to make a choice. Like it says in Luke 6:46 Why do you call me
Lord, Lord and not do what I say?
Ouch!! That mess will sting you if you are living a double-minded
life. This particular topic could be
very long and maybe one day I will revisit it again. But my point is this; until you make up your
mind as to what master you will serve (Matt 6:24), you will always have a
conflict of interest. This single point
has to be made. That night on my knees I
prayed to the Lord that my life is His and His alone. Now that doesn’t mean that I didn’t still
struggle with sin, but what it does mean is that my foundation was being
rebuilt on solid ground (Matt 7:24-29).
You have got to be dead serious.
A commissioned man of God stands for no less than God’s word. This is serious and the fact that the Lord
has called you to him means play time is over.
See people don’t like that, because they are still choosing sides. They want their fun in the world and in
church. When you Choose Christ you begin
to understand why you are on this earth.
Then you are ready to be receptive to the Holy Spirit and the word of
God’s teaching in the bible. Pick a side
and stay on it…Hopefully it’s the winning side right??
3 comments:
A lot of Christians have to hear this! We are always told that God will bless us with cars and big houses, but nobody ever wants to hear the truth! Thanks for the word and I pray that you continue being a shining light for Jesus!
Thank you for your kind words. I will continue to do the work of the Lord as plainly and truthfully as i can. Be blessed!!
OR... They can teach and share the love of God with everyone else but does not believe God loves them. Soooo many aspects to being double-minded.
Post a Comment