Physically nothing has changed. You wake up in the new year and the bathroom sink is still there. Your toothbrush is still in the exact same spot you left it, hopefully, and nothing has changed physically. When you look in the mirror you are still the same; you don't have any extra limbs, a third eye has not grew in what was a bare spot before; you are still physically the same. Starting a new year is like being born again; the change for most isn't necessarily instant, but both changes start from the inside. Many people, and hopefully more, come to Christ and give their lives to him in verbal declaration. But after that it takes action to begin change. The next step is to be baptized, but alas some don't get that far. Some don't take the necessary steps of action to move forward to the change in Christ that you say you desire. A lot of us want change and we declare it verbally but a lot of us have no clue what to do after that. It's kind of like yayyy I am saved.....but now what? Yayy the new year is here, but now what?
Change isn't going to come to you by some cosmic event or even by you trying to will it to happen. You are going to have to first desire change and that has to start from within yourself. You can't really change anything around you without first making it up in your mind that the things around you need to change. Then after you got the desire in your mind and in your heart, your next step is you have to go out there and be change first. When you are born again, the same people will still be looking back at you. The same people who were excited to see you go into the baptismal water will still be there when you come up out of the water. The same people who were hating on you before you went into the water will still be out there when you come up out of the water. It's not different with the new year upon us. It's like a saying I heard in a song "In order to see change, you have got to be change".
You want a happier healthier you, then you have got to go get that new you.
You want a better marriage, then you have got to go make it a better marriage.
You want a better relationship with the Lord, then you are going to have to seek it.
Change takes action. My desire to know the Lord began earlier this year. I wanted the change so bad that I was willing to sacrifice all for it. I was willing to forsake all just for a real relationship with Christ. I wanted the change and I wanted it NOW. That change was not just gonna magically happen or something. No I was going to have to do as the scripture says "seek and ye shall find". I would have to seek Christ; I would have to seek change and then I would have to believe by faith that what God's word says about becoming a new creature in him was real.
Change is around the corner, but unless you peek around it, you will never see it. Change is a verb, an action word; that means you will have to do just as the world prescribes and that is to take action. We have been blessed with another year; now what? You gave your life to the Lord; now what? You decided to lose weight and be healthier; now what? You decided that you will not allow a persons perception of you dictate your future; now what? All of these resolutions are good, but the change that sticks comes when you move forward to that change.
Change is constant, it does not just stand still and wait. I mean listen to the word when you say it in your mind. Just the word along sounds like movement doesn't it? Change is a mighty powerful word and it takes a mighty powerful movement for it to happen. It takes a conscientious choice to go get it as well.
So no matter what it is. As you begin this new chapter in your life remember that change takes action. You want to have a better life, make changes. You want a better relationship with your family, take action. You want a better relationship with Christ, take action. Change does not stand still and neither should you.
God bless you all and Happy New Year..

No comments:
Post a Comment