Glitch: A short-lived fault in a system. It is often used to describe a transient fault that corrects itself and therefore is hard to troubleshoot.Now I used to be a hard-core gamer back in the day so I am very well acquainted with glitches in gaming systems and games. One glitch I can remember was in the game NBA Jam sometimes a character used to get an overly large head during the game. Not sure how it happened but it just did it every now and then. Well after a while the glitch became a cool effect that when it happened people were glad to see it. There was so much clamor about it that the developers found out the problem and decided to make a "big head" code so that the gamer can do it anytime during the game.
Glitches can be an incredible nuisance or a really cool mishap and based off the character in the movie the character, glitch, is no exception. Glitch is more or less a happy glitch and even though she knows she is a glitch she tends to not dwell on that fact because deep down inside she knows she is a racer at heart. Every fiber of her being tells her she is and so yet she goes to make her dreams a reality. But alas the other racers (haters) are always there to remind her that she is nothing more than a glitch and a constant nuisance for all. Sound familiar?
Some of us know we are meant for more, but our present situation or the company we keep tends to overshadow our hopes and dreams. If we are not careful our presumed title can overshadow who we really are. Glitch had a choice, she could either be the "hiccup"in the game system that causes everyone a problem or she could push on to a better life for herself. I mean why get our hopes up when every where we turn their is either failure or people expecting you to fail. The reason is simple, because Christ made each and every one of us with a purpose and plan in mind.
For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord; plans not to harm you, but to give you hope and a future - Jerimiah 29:11
Scripture doesn't say that the plans will not hurt it says he has plans not to harm you. Our flesh is in constant war with the Holy Spirit and it's plans are for self preservation instead of following God's commandments. You may see yourself as a glitch because that's all you were told, but if you would just read your bible you would find out just how much more you truly are and who you belong to.
The one person who believed in Glitch was Ralph when no one else saw beyond face value. There is no one better who sees more in you than the one who created you. Scripture says
Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you...Jeremiah 1:5
Here in the text God clearly tells Jeremiah a simple truth; your mother may have bore you, but I made you. And just so we are clear, if God claims to have made one man, even through birth as we know it, then you can bet your bottom dollar he made the rest of us too. Which means he formed us all with a purpose and plan in mind. And just like Glitch who knew deep down she was more than the mistake everyone claims she was, it took walking into her unspoken for destiny by faith for it to happen. Many hopes and dreams stop at the desire point. Lord I want to be this or that, but while you are waiting God is also waiting on us. Waiting on us to have faith in him and walk in that faith that the Lord will bless us because we honor him. Now if we are not honoring God with what he has given us then why should we expect any blessing from the creator. Because we are his creation??? Not a good enough reason.
The fact that we are his creation simply means all we have and are goes right back to him and should be done so willingly. Glitch or not I know that I will continue to walk in faith that what I desire to do will please the Lord. He will grant our hearts desires according to his purpose. I may have a history of screw-ups and bad choices but that doesn't mean I have to believe or even continue in the path that I most frequently traveled. I can choose to live a Holy and separated life more pleasing unto Christ and not man. We are on borrowed time, what do you plan to do with that time?
No comments:
Post a Comment