I couldn't watch 15 minutes of the movie without seeing myself. There are so many biblical truths in this movie I would have to watch it again and write them all down as the Spirit speaks to me about each one; which is exactly what I plan to do. For all the misfits, glitches, accidents, outcasts and folk that either never saw themselves as more than what they are right now or what others have told them I kid you not the word of God has so many truths to show you. I can't even watch a movie without the Holy Spirit speaking to me.
If you have accepted Christ as your own personal Savior and believe and have faith in the redemptive work Christ has done on the cross for the remission of our sins; then mostly likely at some point or another you've been a "wreck it ralph". This one fictitious character embodies all the hurt and pain I have experienced in my own life. The lack of acceptance and purpose that plagued me for years. The desire to be more but never knew how to get there. Ralph lived in a dump, worked in an un-fulfilling job, had no friends, lack of future foresight and no joy in his life.
Ralph and I could easily be best buds for real. I know his pain and I definitely know his story (without seeing the movie). The Lord God in all his wisdom knows when his chosen will hit this low in their life and he waits. Did you catch the importance of what I just said? The Lord God in all his wisdom knows when his chosen will hit this low in their life and he WAITS.
He knows what it will take to get you to turn around and look to him. He knows when you have had enough of the life you have been leading. Do you know how much love it takes and patience it takes for the creator of all the world to bring into focus what his plans for you are? I mean let's face it; even before computers and microwaves and all that we were a pretty impatient people. We want what we want now and that includes a life we can enjoy and be happy about.
Christ has that life waiting in the palm of his hand; ready for the taking. For me it took 34 years to have had enough. For Ralph it took 30 years. For those that have seen the movie remember it was his 30 year anniversary of the game (basically since creation of the game). After being tossed to and fro and being abused and mistreated you will eventually have had enough of it. But which direction will you turn?
We have had massive killings in society that mirror this truth. People being picked on all their lives, parents not showing any love, jobs disrespecting their employees for years. All of this can make you go one of two ways; further down into despair or turn to help. It is this truth why I am thankful I have been chosen to serve Christ in my life. My faith in God making me who I need to be for his people is purpose enough for me. I don't need to be anything more than that. Souls are in the balance, people need help and if I have to sacrifice worldly fun in order to bring someone to Christ and save them from a life or darkness and despair then so be it.
Scripture says God desires all to be saved; for all to come unto him, but we all know that will not happen. Some will and some won't. Jeremiah 29:11 says I know the plans I have for you says the Lord; plans to prosper you, to give you hope and a future. But alas if you do not choose Christ then those plans will never come into focus. People say since God knows my future there is really no choice in that matter. I say to them "Bull" the entire Bible is about choice. You can choose to follow Christ or you can choose to follow yourself. You can choose to go deeper in despair and depression or you can look to the one source that can save us all and that is Christ.
Man loves to beef up man and I get that you have to encourage yourself at times, but make no mistake you yourself will run out. There is only so much you can take and without the Holy Spirit you will not be able to face everything that comes your way. Even the toughest Marine has a breaking point somewhere.
The great thing about the movie Wreck It Ralph is instead of going deeper into despair he chose to look to a higher calling. in the movies case it was inanimate object to be his drive. What he found out and what we all should know right now is that nothing on this earth will give you a sense of fulfillment completely. Not a job, money, security, marriage, relationship, friends, church house or even family; all are temporary. As we are temporary beings so are the desires that fulfill our flesh, temporary.
I look forward to dissecting the movie and just allowing the Spirit to speak to me in order to share. People kill me when they act like the Holy Spirit can not speak to you outside of the Bible itself. The Bible is the main source of our knowledge and understanding of who God is and what he has done and continues to do for us. It is not the only way the Spirit of God speaks. He uses everyday people (even a movie) to spread the gospel. I am excited and can't wait to get into this more and more "I'm gonna wreck it!!!"

No comments:
Post a Comment