I am reminded that when I was a child my sisters and I would just light up every single time my parents drove past a Mcdonalds. And don't let it be familiar territory of a Mcdonalds nearby, because then we would instantly prepare our usual pleas and implications of how we are all "sooooo hungry". Mcdonalds was/is a symbolism for toys, fun, fries and chicken nuggets. Every time we pulled into a Mcdonalds restaurant we knew what we were in for. FUN FUN FUN!!!!
This short introduction brings me to a startling fact. Apparently Satan loves Mickey D's too, not the actual restaurant itself, but the symbolism it represents. To Satan we are that happy meal; we are that surprise in the box. Satan getting his hands on us is nothing but pure unadulterated joy for him. I mean c'mon now it's Satan, the fallen angel from heaven (yes he started out there first).
What does getting a servant of the Lord mean to Satan? Let's break a Christian happy meal down shall we?
a. Satan gets a personalized creation from the creator himself (Genesis 1:27)
b. Satan gets a future heir to the same Kingdom he got kicked out of (Romans 8:17)
c. Satan gets to destroy the life of someone God loves unconditionally (The Bible)
d. Satan gets to destroy God's witness (Matt 5:14-16)
There are many more reasons why Satan would be overjoyed at a Christian happy meal snack; just read who you are in Christ and there goes another reason to add. How do we make an appealing snack such as a happy meal unappealing? Well like Mcdonalds they could hike up prices to your favorite foods. It doesn't change the fact you still want Mcdonalds, but it does make you think twice about going there. As believers and followers of Christ we must allow the Holy Spirit to continually change us and all his power and authority in us to reign supreme. Our spirit man must be stronger than our flesh man.
I read somewhere on Facebook a comment on a picture that said "I want to be one of those Christians that as soon as my feet touch the ground the devil says....Oh no shes up." Wow that just rings Holy Ghost power doesn't it. That is how you make yourself unappealing to you. Doesn't mean Satan won't work harder to get you (kind of like making more money for a happy meal), but it does mean that he has to work harder to get his happy meal. Praise God that sounds alright to me. Satan may want me, but he is going to have to work harder to get me. He can't have me for the low low price of a "passerby", no sir, inflation has came to town and the price of my soul has risen and therefore if he wants me he will have to go through Christ. Trust and believe them demons know the power of Christ and his followers (Acts 19:15) and Satan will think twice before making that move to devour God's children.
Are you God's child? Then keep it that way, because as long as you exercise your faith and know who you are in Christ, the devil will have a "devil" of a time taking you down. Hallelujah that is preaching power right there. I pray for all believers and those struggling in Christ all the time. I am praying for you even when you think no one cares for you. Know that even though I have never met you I still consider you a brother or a sister in Christ.

No comments:
Post a Comment