Saturday, January 12, 2013

No choice in the matter

It's been a while since I wrote anything and for those readers that have been faithfully following I do apologize for it.  I have been going through a lot of changes as of late; some good and some bad.  I pretty much just wanted to say "ya know what I am done".  Done with Facebook, done with certain people, done with relationships, done with progression, JUST DONE!!!

Sometimes I pray Lord why so much huh?  Why so many different things at one time?  It's not like I am trying to get on anyone's nerve or come off as one way versus another, but that's what happens.  I had decided to close my facebook account because quite frankly I am just tired of being critical and people I meet being critical.  Tired of the negative vibe I get and the negative vibe I myself was giving.  I became more judgmental of others and then I would try and slide in a "I'm just gonna have to pray for them" comment just to remind folk, and myself, I am supposed to be holy.  So I closed it; and honestly I have not missed it one bit.  I feel like I lifted a huge burden off my spirit and I thank God he charged me to do it.

Another thing I felt like giving up is this blog.  I was becoming uninspired and quite frankly I was pretty much going back to making excuses as why to not continue doing this.  I'm not a writer, I am tired of being ridiculed for what I believe is the way the bible teaches us as believers to live.  Tired of the lack of men not grabbing hold and wanting to really learn how to be a true man of God.  I was ready to just let this blog die....

And for some reason the Holy Spirit started speaking to my heart again.  Blog topics started coming to me and things I could write about.  The desire to still help men live a holy and separated life on "GROUND LEVEL" became a fire within me again.  I decided to stop making excuses for what I don't have and remember what the Lord has charged me to do.  I didn't just decide to do this blog, the Lord has charged me; Commissioned me to do so.  By me not doing what the Lord has told me to do I am hindering his plans for his return.  His plans will go forth with or without me, but for me to say no Lord i am not going to do it or no Lord I don't feel up to this I am basically saying Lord I really don't care if everyone knows you.  I don't really care if everyone has a relationship with you.  I will be judged for that.

I will stand before the Lord and have nothing to say for me quitting the charge the Lord has given me.  We are all called to spread the gospel of Christ.  Everyone will at least know who Christ is and when that day comes he will return for his people.  But if I am not spreading the good news then basically it's just like saying I am not willing to do my part to ready Christ's return.  kind of makes you look at ministry very differently.  I don't have a choice in the matter really.  yes I have will, but really when the God of this world, the God that created all gives you a charge; you really don't have a choice in the matter.  That's at least how I see it.

God put on my heart to do ministry and preach and do this blog and therefore when I slack off I am not doing my part in the great commission and therefore I am dead weight.  That needs to change.  So I thank you for your prayers and dedication and I hope that I can be a better servant to our Lord and to you....Be blessed

No comments: