Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Prince of the Air

(Ephesians 2:1-3)  And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience --among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.

Read it and let it sink in please.  For those that do not know the prince of air is Satan   2 Corinthians 11:14 tells us that Satan also disguises himself as an angel of light.  Believers must know who their adversary is (1 Peter 5:8).  Non believers I pray that this will help open your eyes somewhat.

I woke up from a dream that had my emotions running high and for a split second upset.  Satan will use whatever to pull you backwards to him.  He tried to use dreams of my ex as a way to do it.  he wanted me to feel anger and hurt and disgust.  He wanted me to lash out and wake up from that dream in fear and anger.  He wanted me to think that he had more power and control than he did. He was mistaken....

As soon as I woke up I went into instant prayer mode.  I got on my knees and prayed for the Holy Spirit to give me strength; and as soon as I did, he began to give me the weapons needed to fight back.  I began to quote scripture and I let the devil know that I know who has my back.  I began to pray for my ex; I wanted to show the devil that I do not hate my ex and that I do not feel any anger towards her.  This caused me to pray harder for if I am being attacked then maybe she is as well.

Know your enemy saints.  Satan will continue to beat at you.  You are always protected when you stay in the shadow of God's wings.  You are always protected when you stay close to the source of your strength and power that is in Christ Jesus.  This is spiritual warfare (Ephesians 6:12); you can't fight back if you don't know your enemy and his weapons.  Please hear me when I say no one is immune to Satan's attacks.  Not even Christ himself was immune to Satan's attacks(Matt 4:1-11).  Christ resisted those attacks by using the weapons he knew would work; prayer and the word of God.  I follow Christ and I try to imitate his teachings in my own life.  I pray for my enemies and those who have done wrong to me (Matt 5:44).  I rejoice in the Lord because he does hear my cries for mercy and help (Psalms 28:6).

Just like the story of Job we have to understand that Satan can do nothing without permission.  So know that, that means that God in His infinite wisdom has allowed it to take place for a purpose and reason (Jeremiah 29:11).  We may not know the end game, but we know it has to be for our good if we truly do love the Lord (Romans 8:28).  His word states all the promises of Christ, if we would just follow him.  I thank God that these attacks prove fruitless in the ways of pulling me backward.  All these attacks do is make me stronger in Christ and push me closer to him (James 4:7-8).  God is good and He knows exactly what He is doing when it comes to His children.

Now unto Him who is able to do exceedingly and abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever...Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21)

1 comment:

Tiisetso Sephai said...

...thats why its so important to put on the whole armor of God every morning! We do not wrestle against flesh and blood! Praying that God keeps you safe under the shadow of His lovely wings all day!