Here's the deal, when you are outside of Christ you will think like this. This is how the world thinks and wants everyone else to think. Christians make this mistake all the time saying things like "God will protect me whether I am a sinner or not". The fact of the matter is this. As the scripture says in Psalms 24:1 - the earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof. That means the Lord can do exactly how he wants with whomever he wants; however he wants. This is important to understand because people say "i wouldn't serve a god that does this" or "I wouldn't serve a god that does that". Well the thing is, if you are not reading his word or getting to know him, you will never understand him.The earth is the Lords and the fullness thereof - that means God has all power and the power to do it. He doesn't have to answer to us. It is us that needs him not the other way around. People seem to get Christ confused with the gods of Greek mythology. In Greek mythology the gods need the prayers of the people to exist. Our God, the God of heaven and earth does not need our prayers. He wants them and deserves them, but he does not need them to exist. He was here before us and he will be here long after us.
This message needs to sink in, because if we can't relenquish ourselves to his authority and power we will never understand his purpose for us in life; nor will we be able to make it through this life. Those who have submitted to the will of God understand that life throws you curves and situations that can cause us to become discouraged. When you are in Christ you become a "glass half full" kind of person. But it's much more than positive thinking "which only last until things get really bad". But it's the unwavering faith in Christ that he will work it all out that keeps us Christians hopeful. God's word is full of his promises and proof of his love.
People across the word say they want world peace or everyone to love each other, but the fact of the matter is God wants all that too; but he wants us to love him first. This is the problem the world has. They want all the benefits of God without God himself.
Scripture says ....those created in Christ is a new creature; old things are passed away and behold all things become new - 2 Corinthians 5:17. This new way of thinking is what I have developed. I now have a glass half full way of thinking. When things in my life happen that I wished didn't I praise the Lord anyway. When I go though hard times and feel alone. The Spirit of the living God reminds me I am not alone. I am in good hands. Christ says "I will never leave you nor forsake you" - Heb 13:5.
I pray you would choose Christ and get to know him. Oh taste and see that the Lord is good, blessed is the man that trust in him - Psalms 34:8
2 comments:
I miss my half full, viewing the world with rose tinted glasses on perspective..
you are getting deeper and deeper minister:-) I felt like i was reading my own mind! Christ came in my life and He made it better! This cant be life! Continue doing the good work of the Lord and stay blessed always!!!
Post a Comment