
People like Daniel in the Bible, yes the same Daniel that was in the lions den, made it a habit to pray to God every single day at the same time. That was his time with the Lord. He was not going to give that up for no man. The king was tricked into making a law that would force the people to bow to him and worship no other God except him for the month. Can you imagine? Here Daniel is a servant of the Lord and some king was forcing his hand to give up intimate prayer time with his Lord. It's like a child that loves a toy so much they take it everywhere, even in the tub. But no matter where that child goes, there's that toy. You don't see that child and not see the toy. If one was to be without the other, you would begin to wonder when you see the child alone; where is your toy? Or if you see the toy you would begin to wonder; where is that child? That's how close Daniel was to the Lord. His prayer time was precious and important to him.
Daniel get's thrown into the lions den. Into a place that is scary, unknown and frankly looks to be his last resting place; and yet he still prayed. No matter what came or what situation Daniel was in, he was going to pray to his Lord. Also if I was a betting man I would be willing to say Daniel probably prayed harder than he had ever done before. Not because he desired the Lord to hear is prayers and free him, but because he knew the scripture before Paul even wrote it down in the New Testament. For me to live is Christ, to die is to gain - Philippians 1:21.
This is exactly how I felt this morning. I prayed and I worshiped and I cried out to the Lord. Not because of my struggles but because he is keeping me even in my struggles. And he has been keeping me this whole year and years past. That for me warrants some praise and worship. You lose track of time and all you can do is just say thank you Lord; thank you Lord for saving me; thank you Lord for keeping me; thank you Lord for providing for me when I had nothing. And it is just a great time to unload to the King. For me when my prayer is this intense I realize how small and insignificant I really am. I realize that the God of this universe created me and decided to love his creation. He didn't have to and he could of squashed me like a bug, but he chose to love me. And because of his choice I get to choose; and I choose to love him right back....
Take the time for prayer with the Lord. This is private time between you and a friend. This friend is always available for conversation and unloading of your heart. I always pray "Lord take good care of my heart, never let it leave your grasp. Never let it harden again. Hold it close and keep it". I want Christ to take care of me, because I know I definitely can't do a better job. Prayer is a great gift from the Lord. Give it a try and use it and see how the Lord will speak to those who call on his name - Romans 10:13.
No comments:
Post a Comment