Saturday, October 6, 2012

Each day with my Jesus!: Know & Embrace Your Vison!

Each day with my Jesus!: Know & Embrace Your Vison!: It always seems as if people who fall and cry aloud in churches are just pretending? Well, although I didn’t really think much about it.......(mouse over first sentence for link to site)

I am a big supporter of my friend Tiisetso and her walk with the Lord.  Several months back I had heard the Lord tell me to start this blog.  Didn't want too because i figured I would have nothing to say or the fact that no one would listen.  Mind you this was months before I even found her blog and then I stumbled upon it and have not left ever since.  She is the main reason why I started it.  I told her the Lord had told me to to do but fear and insecurities hindered me wanting to do what the Lord asked me to do.  Thankfully I took her advice and this has been a great journey thus far in doing this.

I study my bible more because of this blog and I open up and minister more because of this blog.  This blog has been a tremendous blessing on my life and I continually pray it has been for others.

Tiisetso's post today about embracing your vision is what I want to discuss.  I had a vision years.....ago, many years ago that I would be a preacher.  Again for one I was not hearing it.  I used every excuse in the book to not make it so.  My dad is a preacher so what makes everyone think I should be? Lord I am a sinner above and beyond; so why me?  Every time the Lord put preaching on my heart and mind I would dismiss it.  And then I would purposefully act a fool just to discredit the vision the Lord gave me.  The vision would also come at the oddest of times.  I can be sitting there eating lunch on the job and then all of a sudden me preaching would just pop into my head.  I would then snap out of it and look around; like anyone else was able to see what i saw in my head.  I had no desire to preach and up until this year I was still on the fence about it.

I mean seriously.  I have committed so many sins and done so many things against the word of God that normally folk would be embarrassed to talk about.  Drug addictions, pornography, lying, stealing, manipulating, prideful, self-centered, drinking, smoking.  Pretty much all the stuff in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (except for the homosexuality part) I had done.  I mean the more i did the easier it was to discredit the vision.

You can't run from the vision saints.  You can't...i'm sorry.  Just like it says in Habakkuk 2:3; it will surely come.  i've know since I was 18 that i was supposed to but i used every excuse i could to fight it.  I tried to renounce God and say he isn't real.  I even tried studying proof to say he is not.  I would watch documentaries and read articles.  if I put nearly as much effort into just following God as I did trying to discredit His word I would be much further along now.  I didn't want to believe and I didn't want to preach, but God....

Here I am 35 and I just couldn't see me doing anything else but declare his Holy word.  I am trying to paint the picture here.  The Lord may have given you a vision and you know it.  I am begging you to just trust him.  You think you are not worthy of such a vision well guess what; your not.  But the Lord wants you anyway.  Do you hear the Love in that statement?  He loves us enough in spite of ourselves to still use us.  And don't get so caught up on what you don't have so you feel you can't do it.  My dad told me something this year that I will never forget and it has helped me; he said "You believe you were called right? then you pray that the Lord supply what is needed to complete the task given and you just walk in that by faith".

This statement has been the greatest help I have received all year.  I told my dad that I am nothing described in the bible a minister/preacher is to be.  I am not a teacher or a soldier for the Lord; I am not compassionate, loving,exhortative or any of the other virtues needed to a righteous and holy servant of the living God.  Well I did as my dad asked and I prayed that the Lord provided what I needed to do his command.  See my desire to do God's will was all that he wanted from me; and then the Lord did the rest.  This is what I am trying to get into your heads.  As a commissioned man of God we are called to him for a duty and purpose and all he is asking us to do is just trust and believe.  Don't worry about what you don't have, the Lord will provide the rest Phil 4:19.

I never in a million years would see myself standing right where I am.  But the scriptures are true; He will use the foolish things of this world to shame the wise.  In my eyes I don't think you could get any more foolish than i was, but that's just it.  The Lord truly does qualify the called.  So walk in that vision and always keep your sights on heavenly things Col 3:1.  The Lord can definitely change you, if you would only allow it to happen, and allow Him to change you.  I wouldn't have it any other way now.  I am a soldier for the Lord and I will fight for him.  I am a teacher as well as a disciple of God's word.  I am more compassionate and loving and understanding and exhortative to His people.  None of this came about without the Holy Spirit. I valued my relationship with Christ more than the life I was living in sin.  You will have to get to that point sometime and you might as well start now.

Watch the Lord change you; He will change your life...

1 comment:

Tiisetso Sephai said...

I love this!!! :-) bless you more!!