Michael Jackson was not the first to do this dance. A variation of it was done back in the 1930s by Cab Calloway, but most would agree that it was perfected by Michael Jackson. This got me thinking about Christ and when He showed up "on the scene" so to speak. There were many prophets and teachers of God's law back in the days preceding Christ. But none were as potent or game changing as Christ himself. Christ being the word of God himself made flesh, John 1:14, came and changed the game. Now in no way am I trying to say the popularity of Michael Jackson to the supreme deity of Christ is on the same playing field, but I am trying to make it plain just how awesome Christ really is.
Pharisees were heated at how Christ was breaking all the rules and guidelines that they had put down for the people to follow. They tried stuffing the law down everyone's throat, Christ showed grace and mercy. Christ changed the game so to speak. Christ was healing folk in so many astounding ways it was unheard of. Christ was healing blind men by spitting in the mud and then telling the man , THE BLIND MAN, to go wash in the river; read John 9. He raised the dead, He healed the sick from a distance; I am telling you just read the gospels. Christ is a game changer. I love the scripture Isaiah 55:8, because it just shows that God's ways are so profound and beyond our comprehension that he solidifies his "Game Changer" status.
When people saw what Christ can do and that he did so not to beef himself up, but to channel all praises back to the Father; it's was game over. Nothing would be the same ever again. The way the word of God was brought forth was changed. It's still the word of God that was spoken back in the Old Testament, but the delivery had a new face, a holy face that is without sin.
Christ is a game changer and when he does something in someone's life and that blessing is manifested, look out because when the word of God moves; lives change, people are healed, deliverance is given. WHAT A MIGHTY GOD WE SERVE!!!!
3 comments:
hallelujah! Awesome post! I just read your blog now, but clearly youve been reading Isaiah 55, just as I have !!?
you so hilarious, i love your humor!!
I actually have been..Love that chapter and thank you for being a regular on the blog :)
Post a Comment