Somehow the subject of man's marvel and the weather came up in my mind; and I began to dwell further on how man is able to predict the weather based on the science of weather called meteorology. I begin to further think about the many about the many times the weatherman/forecaster was wrong in their prediction of the weather. Here we have people who are professional meteorologist who study weather for a livelihood. Any yet with all this advancement in technology they still can't get it right.
Studies have shown that the study of weather dates back to as far as 500 A.D., according to wikipedia and a few other sources. And I wondered how annoyed people were back then with these professional "weather guessers"; as the Navy called them. Here we have man trying to predict tomorrows weather to a perfection using our God given ability to study and learn and yet we still can't get it right. And yet I wonder if that was God's point. To give a taste but never too much; to keep the marvel of the universe in check.
God in all his infinite wisdom knew that our minds would grow and develop and get better and stronger and yet and still, we still can't get the weather prediction right. Some things are just not for us to understand yet. As a believer and follower of Christ I am always at awe when the Holy Spirit brings to my mind the wonder that is God. To relish in on the creators majestic works right in front of my very eyes.
Everything constructed was constructed for a reason. Even our flawed individual selves were created just the way we are for a purpose. In Psalms 139 Kind David talks about us being fearfully and wonderfully made. You don't call something wonderfully made if it's an accident. You don't marvel and declare pride in a creation that was an accident. Jeremiah 1:5 states "I knew you before you were formed in your mothers womb...". Like the creation of the earth and the weather system, he knew how we would be. Now I don't know about you, but I take great comfort in knowing that me being created was no accident. That even my flaws were created for a purpose, God's purpose.
Some of us have mental problems, health problems and possibly birth defects and yet for some reason we were created with that flaw for our good and his Glory. Only God himself can reveal the true nature of why we are the way we are. He does not make mistakes and his plan is perfect. As a believer we learn that our eternal resting place is not here on earth but in heaven with our Lord and others like us. It is this faith, this belief that allows us to see the world and our problems differently. As a believer in Christ you know that your only purpose on this earth is to bring glory to God in whatever fashion he has created you for.
It is this hope that allows us to push forward. And the Lord in his infinite wisdom and mercy gave us a helper, a comforter in the Holy Spirit. He knew good and well that we could not carry this plan out without any help. He knew we would need direction and guidance to see this out to the end. We were not put on this earth to be gods, nor were we put on this earth to understand any and everything. We were put on this earth to enjoy the fruits of our labor and to bring honor to God doing it.
To be loved enough for our creator to say "Let us make man in our image.." is such a visual affection of love it blows my mind. We were not created this way on accident. Do I understand all of what God does? No, but I do trust his sovereignty more and more each day. I am learning to accept that my creator doesn't want his creation to know everything. Like a parent teaching a child, there are just some things we just don't need to know until we are grown. - Be blessed and a blessing.

2 comments:
"... And yet I wonder if that was God's point. To give a taste but never too much; to keep the marvel of the universe in check. "
I absolutely think this was his plan. I think He gives us enough information – be it weather, medicine, mathematics or space – for us to know that we don’t know as much as we think we know. The really scary thing to me is that people that excel in those fields miss what is right in front of them – the God of the Universe.
Good post.
this is such an awesome read though!! i feel so special right now!!
Post a Comment