Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Blind Faith???

Today has not been a great day at all.  Usually when a day starts off like that the first thing I end of saying is "ok Lord so how does this work out for my good and your glory?"

Romans 8:28 - For all things work out for the good of those that Love the Lord and are called according to his purpose.

It's usually at this point me and the Lord just have to have a knock down drag out talk about what I am dealing with.  We as believers in Christ are quick to remember the first part of this scripture but rarely ever the second.  We are quick to say "Lord how does this work out for my good?"  But rarely are we willing to say or think "Lord how is this for your glory?"  As the Lord works on me I am asking more and more how does this show God's glory?  How does he get the praise in the middle of this situation that is trying to eat me alive?

I tell you I truly thank God for his Holy Word.  Without it I would be truly lost.  Trusting in the Lord takes faith, but I do not believe that it requires us to be blind while doing it.  To be blind means to be sightless; to be lacking consciousness and or awareness.

Hebrews 11:1 - Faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:6 - Without faith it is impossible to please God.

To put the word blind and faith together is any oxymoron; like phrase "sharp dull" or "Living dead".  An oxymoron is a figure of speech that combines to contradictory terms.  Blind faith is definitely an oxymoron.  It doesn't make true sense in the world nor the bible.  You can't trust the Lord really and then say you are walking into this blindly.  If we are walking by the spirit as the bible so instructs us (Galatians 5:16) then we are not walking blind at all.  To put the term blind in front of faith is a worldly cop out and a safety net for the person using this phrase.  They rather fall back on the fact they can't see what the Lord has for them physically then to walk and see by the spirit.  Walking by the spirit is not instructing us to walk blindly through life, but to walk in constant spiritual commune with God.  Physically yes we are here, but spiritually I am walking with the Lord the whole way.  My spirit which makes up my soul which lives in this body is who I am.  If my spirit is walking with the Lord then my makeup, even my body is being led by God not by what I can't see but by what he shows me; which is his Glory.

To say I am walking by "Blind Faith" is an insult to God.  Christ didn't die for us on the cross blindly.  He walked that path knowing full well his Father in heaven was guiding him the whole way.

Psalms 37:23 - For the steps of a righteous man are ordered by the Lord and he delights in his way.

You can't get much more righteous than Christ himself.  So if the Son of God's steps are being ordered by the Father, do you honestly believe that Christ done so blindly?  The reason I say this is because we are to be imitators of Christ (Ephesians 5:1) in all ways. Since Christ takes instruction by the father, that we need to also be taking instruction in our daily walk with the Lord.  As the Lord speaks to us through his Holy Spirit we need to listen and follow.  Now should we choose not to listen and follow then yes we are walking blindly, but that is not faith; that is disobedience.

If the phrase "blind faith" is contradictory in word maybe, just maybe it's contradictory even in the life of the Christian as well. - Be blessed

No comments: