Jesus preached many important sermons and for me this is a big one. One that I repeat often when someone is angry with another. I guess mostly because I used to be an extremely angry person. I was extremely hot headed and unforgiving. Whether it's a believer or unbeliever I am quick to point to this scripture when someone has a disagreement with another. The reason why is not to flash that I know scripture but to show that I am living by scripture. Somewhere in life you have to make a decision where are your principals coming from. Where are your values built upon exactly?I love God and I love the fact that he is willing to put off coming to him first in order for you to get right with your brother. I mean how awesome and humble is that really? Here you have the creator of all willing to wait while you go get things right with your brother. But I tell you I battled this very passage last year when i rededicated my life back to Christ. I had done some things against my fellow man that I knew I needed to get right first. Please hear me when I say that Satan knows the word of God. He used to be an Angel of the Lord and now he is a fallen angel. So make no mistake, just like us who come to Christ, we do not forget what we once were and neither does he. I can still roll a blunt and I still know how to curse with the best of them. Me coming to Christ does not change the fact that the mess is still a part of me but apart from me.
Satan knows what the word says about getting right with your neighbor first and yet he is very keen on twisting the word of God. For example when I came to myself and returned to Christ, Satan tried to say that was enough. He tried to use the fact that I repented was enough. As you plainly read in the beginning of this blog the words of Jesus Christ state before you come to me reconcile with your brother first and then come back to me. There is no sugar coating that, there is no twisting it; this is the word of God. Where do you stand?
This blog is to help men become true men of God. That doesnt mean there will not be pitfalls and shortcomings that will block our walk at times, but here is a place where like minded men who want to serve Christ can seek counsel and knowledge to become true soldiers and disciples of God and his word. You got a beef with your brother; get that right first. You wronged your spouse; get that right first. You say you love God well this is how you honor him. God loves us by showing how he honors us by telling us to go to the one we wronged or as wronged us and make peace first and then come back to me. God is a humble God and leads by example.
Don't let the enemy trick you into thinking that repenting is enough. You can repent all day and not have true love for your neighbor and still be sinning. It's not easy and it takes faith and courage to do this, but the victory you have over the enemy is amazing. The joy and peace that comes over your spirit is uplifting and encouraging. You take the enemies weapon away from him when you get right with your brother. The enemy can't use bitterness, anger, resentment, hate, jealousy; none of it can be used by the enemy because you took it away from him.
I urge you to read this passage and pray on it. Allow the Holy Spirit to use you to be the ambassador for Christ you were called to be. It is truly a great feeling to know that the enemy and his minions are under your feet. - Be blessed and a blessing
No comments:
Post a Comment