OK so yes I used a line from a famous you tube video of Sweet brown being interviewed by a news anchor. I was going to post the video, but you can Google search for it yourself when u got time. When you are done doing so, come back and finish reading what the blog is actually about....OK?
I know people joke about what Ms. Sweet Brown said, but I love what she said because she accented a point that applies to all of us in our lives. When something is more minuscule than what deserves our immediate attention, the first thing we think of is "Aint nobody got time for that". Now we may say it differently depending on cultural and maybe geographical differences, but basically we all say the same thing. This thing is just not that important to me.
I was reading an article about a woman that died today who was 33 years old and it caught my eye because I am only two years older than her. Now I know what you are saying "People die all the time, nothing new" and I would say to you, you are exactly right about that. But here is the thing, that used to be my mindset before I began this journey with Christ. Now when I read about a death I immediately go into "thanks mode". I begin to remember that God has not called me home yet. I am still alive, even in spite of all of my sins and actions against God's word; he still allows me to live. I am reminded that there is a purpose for me and that I really cannot afford to waste time worrying about trivial matters, including death.
As believers we are constantly under attack; whether it be directly or indirectly. What? you don't think Satan will use an incident that has happened to someone else in order to discourage you? Or maybe even deter you from your walk with Christ? Some people would see death all around as a means to give up on everything, possibly sink into depression. The enemy loves to use your failures and the failures of those around you as a means to break you. What Satan meant for evil God uses for good. Instead of looking at the death of a 33 year old woman as a means to sink into my own personal despair of my own life; the Holy Spirit teaches me that I made it to 35. That as of right now the Lord saw fit to keep me alive a little longer for a purpose.
As a believer and follower of Christ we are given secret insight into how God works and does things. I am always humbled with God's Spirit speaks to me. When he shows me the world in a different sight than I would naturally see; I am always humbled. Seeing with your spiritual eyes makes you an outcast and unpopular in a world that is fixated on the physical and natural. It's hard to shed that mindset by fleshly means. This is why I thank God for the life he allowed me to live. Yes I could dwell on my financial situation or my constant failures at relationships. But I thank God that as soon as the enemy sees that whole of weakness, God steps in and blocks his attacks against me. That is where the scripture He will never leave me nor forsake me come in.
His perfect strength is shown in my weakest times. His spirit allows me to look at death and any other situation that comes at me and say "aint nobody got time for that"....
Sickness....aint got time for that
Heartache.....aint got time for that
Stress......aint got time for that
failures......aint got time for that
All of that mess I don't have time for it, but God does. He has all the time in the world to take on your worse battles for you.
I can focus on living right.......... because I don't have time for that mess.
I can focus on reading my bible......because i don't have time for that mess
I can focus on sharing the Gospel......because I don't have time for that mess
I can focus on praying more.......because I don't have time for that mess
Scripture says 2 Timothy 2:4 that no man that warreth entangles himself with the cares of this world; so that he may please the one that has chosen him to be a soldier.
Because of this I can redirect my focus on being a good soldier for the Lord. Because of this I can focus on being a better disciple of Christ. You may be unemployed, not married, not able to achieve your dreams at this point in your life; but Scripture says Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these desires will be added unto you.
Here you go right there. You got two scriptures that tell you 1. Not to worry and 2. what to pay attention to. How great is the word of God. The bible doesn't only tell you what not to do, but what to do. The thing is are our hearts open to hearing the word of God as he instructs us? Until you are reading to hear his Spirit you won't really be able to say "Aint nobody got time for that". The statement isn't saying I don't care, it's not important to some degree, but it is saying I have more pressing matters to attend to. Like Christ said as a child I need to be about my father's business. - Be blessed and a blessing

No comments:
Post a Comment