Saturday, September 22, 2012

Times of Refreshing

Yesterday was an awesome night.  At our church home we had a Young Adult Revival.  The preached word was awesome and being in the presence of the Lord in praise and worship brought about a refreshing in my spirit.  See that's what revival is all about.  A few definitions of revival that may help explain what I mean further: A time of reawakened interest; A restoration to use, activity, or acceptance.  A revival brings about this refreshing.  Your spirit-man needs this refreshing. Your spirit can get beaten up on and if you don't take of it by feeding it and nourishing it, you can become weakened and prone to the enemies attacks.  Satan is a patient demon and will sit idly by and wait till you are weakened just enough to attack.  Ever Sunday at church should be like a mini revival.  As believers we need it.  There we get a time of fellowship and refreshing to make it through another week, but sometimes that is just not enough and we need a little more help.  I cannot speak for the women and really this blog is about being a commissioned man of God.  A called to action man of God; so as men of God we definitely need to be present at revival.  God has commissioned men to be the head and accept the responsibility that God has placed on us.  That means all that it entails; from marriage, to church duties, to ministry, parenting, stewardship, service.  Many things and then on top of all that we are facing this world.  We know we are not doing so alone, but lets face it; it can certainly feel that way.

Acts 3:20 states that a time of refreshing will come from being in the presence of the Lord.  Don't feel better after a really good prayer to the father?  Or a good shout to the heavens?  To let it all out and lay it on the table before my master and say here it is Lord.  I have no idea what I am supposed to do, but I am trusting you.  I am tired, and weak and could really use your strength right now to push through.  And when the Lord responds my spirit-man is always refreshed to take on the next task.  But I had to first lay it out in front of God.  Kind of like how cops do when they do a big drug bust and then they lay out all the illegal drugs and weapons on the table for all to see what was accomplished.  Same deal we like Lord all this that is in me is laid out before you for you to see.  I hide nothing and i know I need you to refresh myself.

Refreshing just sounds cool doesn't it?  Relaxing and rejuvenated, brings about rejoicing.  Take advantage of revivals.  It will help keep you focused on the task before you and strong.

No comments: