Commission(n): Authority granted for a particular action or function
Commissioned (v): To authorize; send on a mission
Ok so I decided to finally start this blog. This is something the Lord has been putting on my heart to do and with the help of a really great friend I decided to finally go ahead and give it a go. I went through the usual, would i have anything to say or would anyone even really care to listen. Funny thing is lately the Lord has been telling me to just do. To step outside my comfort zone and trust him. like the scripture says in 1Corinthians 3:7 it is God alone who grants the increase on everything. Therefore I am not going to worry about who will and who will not see it. I have prayed on it and I leave it all in God's hands.
Now there are three main reasons why i went with the name Commissioned Men of God.
- When I decided to rededicate my life back to Christ for good I instantly became challenged with the title of Man of God. more later....
- As stated in the book of Matthew 28:16-20 we are given The Great Commission by Christ himself. Therefore there is work to do within ourselves as well as for the kingdom of God
- I grew up on and love the all male gospel group Commissioned lol. more later.....
OK I rededicated my life back to the Lord for good on Jan 3, 2012. A lot has happened in the last few years and even more so in the last 9 months. The Lord put me in a position to make a choice and I felt like I was at my wits end. I had no where else to turn and frankly I was tired of screwing up everything and doing it my way. So I begged and pleaded the Lord to take out of me everything that is not like him; to create in me a new heart and remove my old hardened one. I had never been more serious with the Lord than on that day. Alas now I get called man of God quite often. As much of a compliment as it is, it also caused me to look at myself a lot more closely. I can't very well accept the title of man of God if I am not truly walking in God's ways can I? So for me this conviction has cause me to take a real good hard look at my integrity and my character. Not for the sake of others approval but to have a right relationship with the Lord and to be able to live a holy and righteous life.
Second reason I named the blog the way it is, is because the more I dove into my bible and the more I prayed to the Lord the more I have been challenged about my integrity and character. It has not been easy at all, and anyone that says it will be is a lie. To go against 34 years of sinful habits, for me, is extremely hard alone. Maybe you got super skills to withstand the world to no end, but i doubt it, but maybe. I have made several stupid mistakes this year and learned from all of them. The one thing that stuck with me is even after making a mistake the guilt of sin weighed on me so heavy that i just had to confess and repent. Now you would think that's what you are supposed to do and you would be absolutely correct, but for me for years that had not been so. I had no remorse or care. I did what I wanted to do if it felt right or not and I didn't care about the repercussions or who got mowed in the process. Now I say it like this because even though I did care about people to some degree i didn't care about their soul; I didn't care about loving them unconditionally; I didn't value my own integrity and therefore I had no character. We are all called to make disciples and minister the good news of Jesus Christ and yet it's kind of hard to do that if you yourself do not have a personal relationship with the Lord. If you are not living for Christ yourself how can you expect to convince someone else of how good Christ really is?
Third reason why I named this blog is because of the group commissioned. I grew up on the group Commissioned and they are hands down one of my favorite all time gospel groups. Ministry leaders such as Fred Hammond, Marvin Sapp came from this group. Mind you that doesn't mean that the other brothers in the group were small fries. Every album is a ministry of what it means to be Commissioned for the Lord. These are real men with real struggles and real problems that you hear in their music and yet you see how strong and firm-standing they are on their love for Christ and their relationship with the Father. I have to thank my Dad for getting me so heavily involved with their music. I still listen to them this day and never get tired of it.
This blog will work as a journal/guide about my growth in Christ and hopefully it will help you in your growth. Real men of God seem to be hard to find; and yet they are out there. We have worries and struggles just like the rest of the word; but for those of us striving and pressing toward the mark; for those of us who have accepted the call and came to Christ we could use an outlet and some help. My hope and prayer is this will be that outlet. I may post once a day, it may be twice a day it may be every so many days. Whatever the Lord presses on my heart at that moment I will share. I live and stand on the word of God so there will be scripture and lots of it. I go to the word for answers. It is our guide and it is given to us by God 2Timothy 3:16-17.
I am flawed and make mistakes just like anyone else. This blog is not to judge anyone for there is no way in the world i could even cast the first stone. This blog is mostly for men, but that doesn't mean it can't help anyone else. I am striving to secure my integrity and my character in Christ. Doing so requires you to make some tough choices in your walk, but my hope is that we men will one day truly walk and live as Commissioned Men of God....


1 comment:
Thank you so much for sharing this with us! I pray that more men will be challenged to become better vessels of honor in our generation, for our King! Blessings!
Post a Comment