Well this just came to me tonight. How much so is what I did for these headphones just like what Christ did for us with sin and our re-connection back to God? I mean here we have the creator who with his hands created man Gen 2:7. God's hard earned craftsmanship is us. Because of sin of Adam the world has been put into a fallen state and therefore we have a severed connection to the creator. Like my dad's headphones which still work, but were slightly disconnected. In order to reconnect the bonds between us and God; God had to get out his super glue so to speak which is Christ Jesus. Through his death and resurrection our connection back to the father has been restored. It's like the super glue I used. The super glue is there to make that connection from the broken piece back to the original piece whole again, but it won't happen just by me staring at the glue in awe. God gave us his son, and then gave us His Holy Spirit who lives inside the believer Eph 1:13-14. We are sealed by the gift of the Holy Spirit living within us.
But there is one more key ingredient in this bonding process that keeps our bonds with the father even stronger. And that is the word of God. See with my headphones, which are now fixed Hallelujah!!!, I had to let them sit over 24 hours to create a stronger bond. Which if you are like me can seem like forever. But patience and trust and faith are ingredients to a stronger bond. Because of me not rushing to use it right away and letting it sit overnight, the superglue bonded the once fractured headphones better than ever.....
Now I don't know about you, but in relation to God that is good news. He sealed my relationship with him by the gift of the Holy Spirit. The more I read my word, the more I pray; the stronger my relationship with Christ, the stronger my bond is. Doesn't mean that the reminder of the fracture is gone, but it does mean that the reminder of the fracture also reminds us of the work that Christ did for us on the cross to secure our once broken bonds. And that my brothers and sisters....that is good news!!!
1 comment:
power! Thank You brother!
Post a Comment