Eccl 3:1-8. So I am sitting here and this day starts off different from others. The Holy Spirit presses on me that seasonal changes happen in life. Now I know this, but the fact that it hit me at this time was odd. Well I remember the song turn turn turn by the byrds, old song, but I also remember that it was based off of scripture in Ecclesiastes. So I look it up and as I am reading something else hits me. If you read the first eight verses you see all of the different events in life that happen and all of them have a time and a place to occur and end. But none of these anywhere in this passage says that they will only happen once in life. Verse 2 states a time to be born and a time to die. Well we Christians know we are born twice; once in the flesh and once in the spirit. Our flesh should die daily. Vs three states a time to break down, and a time to build. Some of us have went through this time way more than twice. I know I have been rebuilding several times in my life. A time to love and a time to hate. Obviously some of us have loved someone more than once; some of us have never felt love. My point is this; the word clearly teaches us that these things in life will happen, not maybe. There is a time in your life for it all. Some of the things you dont want to end and some of them you dont want to ever begin in the first place. God uses these times to grow us up in him. So the next time your heart may be broken by someone reflect on this passage and realize that its time for this to happen in your life. the next time weep remember that there is a time for it; just like there is a time to laugh. God has placed these events in your life for a reason. One of the main reasons is to always come back to him. To always give him praise in the midst of the good and the bad. To know that God is in control is our greatest comfort in this finite lifetime of ours.
But imagine when we get to heaven, as the song says; what a day of rejoicing that will be...There will be no time of mourning, no time of hate, no time of pain, no time of sorrow, no time of death. There will always be a time of rejoice, a time of love, a time of peace, a time of thanksgiving, a time of joy. This will always be there, but until the Lord calls us home to him we are stuck in finite times here on earth. I thank God for these times in my life; for they have shown me God's love and mercy on my life. They have shown me that I am not alone in this journey and that this journey does have a purpose. As long as I look to Jesus the whole way I am in good hands and so are you.
2 comments:
lovely! Every event of my life is in His lovely hands! We just rest in Him cause even though seasons change, He remains the same and that is really comforting! Love Jesus!
This was really great to read... Keep it up!
Post a Comment