Saturday, December 15, 2012

New Mold Old template

Therefore if anyone be in Christ he is a new creature; old this have passed away, behold all things become new - 2 Corinthians 5:17

I love baking and its a pastime of mine that releases much stress from the days troubles.  I always prefer to bake from scratch though.  To me there is something about the personal added touches in the ingredients that  just seem more personal to me; or it could be I just like to deviate from the plan lol.  Either way i enjoy taking the time to do my baking by scratch.  Doing it by scratch requires time and attention that using a box doesn't really require.  When you use a box cake the template is laid out for you and usually leaves very little room for error, since it's not really your recipe or instruction.

There is a saying in the world of baking "Made with Love".  That's pretty much how i feel when I bake something from "scratch".  I gave extra attention and care by adding my own finishing touches here and there into something that was hand crafted by me and not "Duncan Hines or Sara Lee" no disrespect to them.  So every single time I read the scripture above i am reminded of the new mold, the new creation, God has made in me that took his personal touch to make.  He had to make me over from scratch and he did so with his hands and his Word; and now as a result of his handiwork (Eph 2:10) I am handcrafted for a new lease on life.

The Old me would not have survived the life God has for me.  The Old me would have buckled under the pressure and gave in to the world and never enforced the system of checks and balances needed in order to live and walk in the Spirit.

You who have accepted Christ in your heart and by faith know that He died for your sins and the sins of the world are a new creature, a new creation.  you can no longer fit into the old template which was your former self.  That self is gone and needs to be discarded for good.  This new mold, this new creation that is you was hand crafted by God.  Doesn't that make you smile? I mean the creature of this world and all that is in existence chose you to be a new creature (Matt 22:14).  I don't know what gets me more excited; the fact i am a new creature created in Christ Jesus, or the fact Christ Jesus made this new creature in him.

I just can't wrap my head around it lol.  All I can say is "To God be the Glory!!!".  It is because of him I live and breathe this new life he has given me.  it is because of him I was molded to a new figure, transformed from something totally vile and wretched to something that desires holiness.

Brothers......and sisters :)  You are no longer your former, so stop acting like you are and reaching for it.  That template is destroyed and gone; the new mold that stands before you in the mirror is, not was, hand crafted by God.  You are still being constructed and changed every single moment, every single day.  So live in that new mold and know that your steps are ordered by God (Psalms 37:23).

No comments: