So I am online and I visit one of my fav sites EXministries.wordpress.com. This site exposes sinful and corrupt behavior in so called "church" like areas. So I come across an article on a new show on TLC called "sisterhood". As soon as i see the cast and the title I already began jumping to conclusions about what type of show this is. First thing that came to mind is "basketball wives" and there are some others, but I can't think of the name of them since I don't care to watch the mess anyway. So to educate myself I decide to go ahead and watch the trailer posted on the site....WOW!!
This show is about Pastor's wives or more commonly known in the "church" world "1st Ladies". All I can say is wow. And yet none of it surprises me, because that is the way of the world. This world is going to "hell in a handbasket" so to speak. But this post isn't about the show itself, its about the people that watch it and say they are saved??!! I heard a comment once say "don't get mad and judgemental on us because we watch it, it's just entertainment". And I am like, ok fair enough, but when does the Spirit of God begin to take place in your decision making process? See what I find out more and more is that people don't want the truth, they want a version that is palatable to them. A version they can stomach, a version that taste right to their tasteless taste buds.
The Word of God states Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is within you, which you have received from God?.....AND HERE'S THE KICKER......you are not your own (1Corinthians 6:19). I love this chapter in 1 Corthinthians, because Paul went HAM (hard as a mutha) on the church, but he did so in love. You can hear his heart and the confusion in his words as he tries to educate and uplift the people of God. Handling church disputes outside the church, treating your body like it is not precious to our Lord; I mean he laid it out in plain English/Hebrew lol for them.
Read 1 Cor 6:9-11, this is supposedly every Christian that watches this filth. You were ONCE like the world, but after being washed from your sins, you are no longer like the world.....or at least you shouldn't be anymore. I wrote a post earlier/yesterday about quenching and grieving the Spirit; this ties post ties into that. Your tastes should change along with your heart. When we as believers accept Christ Jesus as our Lord we are not only saying we believe in him, we are saying we want to be like him (Eph 5:1). So if that is the case than....WWJD lol. I mean it's funny to say that, but a lot of truth is in that statement. What would Jesus do?
Have you stopped to think that Christ is always watching your every move? Oh I get it, you don't care is that it? I say this because if you read the post before and then read this and then really think about what you are doing to the Holy Spirit and how you are treating your temple; you yourself would/should be in mouring over your sinful nature. I can't in good conscience watch mess like the show "sisterhood" and not have it bother my spirit. There was a time though, when my spirit was not this strong and was more than willing to accept any and everything. But check out what Paul says in 1 Cor 6: 12 - "All things are lawful to me," but not all things are helpful. "All things are lawful for me," but I will not be dominating by anything. Wooooh Paul is a beast with the Word of God.
This man said, in laymans terms, sure I am allowed pretty much to do anything as the Lord has given all, but there are some things that just do not "cut the mustard", there are some things that just would not be beneficial to my spiritual growth and maturity in God. So therefore I will not just let anything rule over me. Paul is saying I will exert self-control and spiritual discernment to everything that comes in contact with my body for my body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. Don't get mad at me folks it's right there in the text. This is what the text says not what I interpret the text to say for me. Pray and read the whole chapter and you will see the Holy Spirit open up this word to you.
I decided the beginning of this year to make a conscious effort to protect my spirit man and feed him properly. Just like an infant child, you have to be mindful of what you feed your spirit, otherwise it can grow up malnutrition ed. Without proper care and attention how can someone that loves their spirit walk in spirit and in truth (Gal 5:25). We must keep in step, which means having enough spiritual discernment to say "this is no good for my growth, so therefore I will not partake in this". Yes the world will look at you funny; and some church folk will too. But none of that matters, because you know who you are in Christ and even if you don't know yet, you are on a mission to find out.
The more you protect and grow up your spirit man/woman you will begin to see things in a new light. I got rid of about 40gigs of music because it was all secular and worldly and I knew if I kept it I was not going to grow. This was a hard choice for me because there had been at least two other times in my life i had done this before. Mind you like I said to many this year "this path may seem familiar to some, but this is a path I have never walked before". God changed my heart and my way of thinking thru and thru. I feel as though i have no other choice. For me this is the last straw and this is what I truly believe. So yes I am way more serious than I had ever been, but God has given me one last chance to serve him and therefore I took the opportunity and ran with it and will NEVER look back.
Your body is a temple housing the Holy Spirit and your spirit. Both need protection and one of them needs guidance. Your spirit can't receive from the Lord if it is constantly blocked by "entertainment". I am sure pornography is entertainment, but i will not allow it to infect my spirit any more. I am sure worldly rap is banging and has some crazy beats, but I will not allow it to infect my spirit any more. I am sure these friends who say they love me mean well, but I will not allow them to infect my spirit any more. Christian integrity and just plain ole integrity are two different things. The term integrity itself means soundness. Well.....do you have Christian soundness? because if you do than your integrity can't even really come into question. people can attack you all they want, but because you value your Christian integrity and you protect your temple (just like Christ did in Luke 19:46).
No one said this path would be easy. It is less traveled and usually avoided. But take heart if you so desire to truly walk with the Lord, for in the scripture it says many are called (to Christ) but few are actually chosen. Are you chose? if so are you feeding your spirit proper nutrition? I pray we all continue to listen to the Spirit and let him guide us completely and not when it just suits us. I myself welcome the conviction of the Lord because just like in Hebrew 12:6. The Lord disciplines those whom he loves. It's not punishment it's correction. Some of us may have never had a real parent present in our lives from day one, but Christ wants to be your parent. He wants to show you what real love and discipline is all about. Will you take his hand?

No comments:
Post a Comment