are classics in my book. The comment is normally used sarcastically when referring to something that is common knowledge for everyone else and apparently you didn't get the memo on that, which makes you not, in the know. OK so I am not using this comment as a slight or sarcastically. There are times when I use this saying "why didn't someone give me the memo?" Being 100% dead serious because well, I wanted to know to.
Story: OK I was one day cashing my paycheck and while the cashier was counting my money back I noticed the new 100 dollar bills. You can't miss the significant difference in these bills versus bills of old. And so I proceed to ask the woman about it and she said in so many words "didn't you get the memo?" Now she didn't say this exactly but her explanation of it happening and when let me know that clearly I was not in the know of this significant change.
This got me to thinking. How many other things are we not in the know about with the government? How much more do they do on our behalf that we have no clue is being done? Surely the protection and security of the American dollar was at stake and somewhere at the root of all this was the concern for the American people. If counterfeit money flooded the stores and banks then prices would go up and then inflation and then recession if not possibly a depression soon following. So me not getting the memo doesn't necessarily mean that what had happened was or was not for me to know. But in relation to this scenario, what needed to be done just had to be done. What would it be like if the government waiting until everyone voted on this? If they made a public broadcast and waited until everyone had their say into the issue; it could take forever. Heck even alerting counterfeiters about the coming change can be problematic. The thing is we had to trust the government to do things with our best interest at heart.
The Bible says that Jesus is the propitiation for our sins. He stood in our place in front of the almighty Father. The Bible also states that the Holy Spirit intercedes for us in prayer. With groanings that only can be explained through and by the Holy Spirit. So let me get this straight. Jesus Christ died on our behalf and the Holy Spirit prays on our behalf. Now this may be common knowledge to some Christians but to many others its not. To many others they feel like saying; "why didn't we get the memo?" I say in response to that, 1. read your bible it says a lot that isn't always preached on. And 2. Trust him. See the Lord didn't ask any of us "do you think its a good idea to die for your sins?" or what about the Holy Spirit saying "I know you want to talk to the Father but I'd really like to do this on your behalf since I know him better". None of that is said why? Not because we aren't worthy to know. Not because we were left out on purpose. But because it needs to be done. No more no less than that. The Lord could of used authority to explain him doing what he did for us. But no what does the bible say? For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son...
This was a choice that was going to benefit the world and there was no need to consult us in order to appease our pride and conscience to know whats going on. Like the situation with the 100 dollar bill. I was not personally told about this change, yet it needed to be done on my behalf anyway. And for that I am grateful. We should all be grateful for what the Lord has done and continues to do on our behalf. There are things that happen in our lives and we just don't get it. Why does the Lord allow this or allow that? Scripture says....For my thoughts are not your thoughts and my ways are not your ways; for as high as the heavens are above the earth, so are my thoughts from your thoughts and my ways from your ways. That is an all powerful and all knowing statement. It takes trust to allow God to do what needs to be done on our behalf. Getting the memo isn't the important matter. trusting in the Lord completely is.
Next time things go a certain way and you don't quite understand; don't focus so much on not getting the memo about it. Just learn to say "I trust you Lord to lead and guide my life, even when I just don't get it". That is where true love, commitment, and sacrifice starts. Trust. - be blessed and a blessing
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your paths. - Proverbs 3:5,6
No comments:
Post a Comment