You know one of the biggest concerns for Christians, I believe, is staying in the will of the Lord in every facet of their lives. Those of us that love the Lord God so strongly that we want no area of our lives outside of his purpose, have this very concern.
As I continue to grow in my relationship with the creator this becomes more and more relevant to myself and my growth in him. In the last 2 years my life has literally been turned upside down. From my second divorce, to losing my job, my home, my car, moving in with my parents, even being locked up in jail. I have undergone so much turmoil that I began to wonder was I even in the will of God. Under the advice of my father I started a journal of my Christian journey. And I truly say that the Lord has brought me a mighty long way from whence I started. When I reread my old entries I see the fear and confusion in my words. I even remember thoughts and questions I had asked God during these times. I remember the doubts that plagued my prayers. Being outside of God's plan for us can be very scary and at times even feel like we aren't living up to the best potential God has called for us to be. May I encourage you?
Romans 8:28 says All things work together for the good of those that love the Lord and are called according to his purpose. Please read this passage and let the Holy Spirit enlighten you. At a time when I was at my lowest low, this scripture came to mind. The Lord began to reveal to me that in everything that happens to me, it is apart of God's perfect plan. Which tells me that even in my uncertainty as to which direction to go I am still being guided; my steps are still being ordered by the Lord. We get so caught up on walking the path that we don't realize we are already on it and that God alone is the one in control. In the book of Proverbs 3:5,6 it states Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and in all thy ways acknowledge him and he WILL make your path straight. Which means all I have to do is trust his plan. Trust that he knows and that every facet of my walk with him is orchestrated by him.
God has no plan B brothers and sisters. There is no back up plan in case you fall. There is no alternative action should you misstep. There is no Uh oh switch that get's turned on when we get anxious about the next move in our walk; which takes the frustration out of our hands and puts all the pressure on God alone. There's a saying in the church "Gods shoulders are big enough for your problems and everyone else's too". Take heart in knowing that God already knows the plan he has laid for you since the foundation of the world. Before we were born he already had something worked out for us. Now because of free will we can choose to trust and follow God or we can choose to take the wheel and drive our own way. For 34 years I drove and I ruined my life. I have ruined relationships and friendships. And so now I choose to trust God and trust that his promise in his Word is true and that he will make my path straight. And ever since I made that decision my life has been clearer; relationships are stronger; faith is stronger; trust in my Lord is greater. He is rebuilding me from the ground up all while leading me the path that is laid just for me. It is my path and it was made specifically for me. Everyone has a path and God has laid it out well before you even knew there was one. It is not being made as you walk; it is not being formed as you discover. We serve an omniscient and omnipotent God. That means we serve an all knowing and all powerful God. The same God that created this wonderful planet for us, is the same God that knows exactly what we need when we need it.
God is faithful and sure. He is not indecisive or uncertain. We are the ones who question everything and God knows it. His love for us is not based on our complete comprehension of his plan for us. He knows his children's voice and he will never ignore our cries. A very close friend of mine told me something that has stuck with me in my darkest of days; she said....Focus on God's promises and not man's problems.
When the days are dark, focus on God's promises. Grab that wonderful book and start reading and thanking God for his promises. Here's a few just to get your spirit refreshed and confident in Christ....
Deuteronomy 28:13 And the Lord will make you the head and not the tail, and you shall only go up and not down, if you obey the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command to you this day, being careful to do them.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, saith the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and hope.
Isaiah 1:5 Before I formed you in your mother's womb I knew you, and before you were born I set you apart and appointed you...
Romans 8:31 If God be for us, who can be against us?
Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.
Psalms 37:23 For the steps of a righteous man are ordered by the Lord, and he delights in his ways.
2 Corinthians 4:8-10 For we are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus Christ, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal bodies.
Focus on the promises and realize that a perfect God does not have imperfect plans. He does not require a plan B just in case you misstep. We can't mess up his plans for us. Even in our falls and stubbornness he has it already worked out. All things work together for our good. - Be blessed and a blessing

No comments:
Post a Comment