Thursday, July 3, 2014

Send back to the manufacturer

As far back as I can remember I've been a do-it-yourself (diy) kind of guy.  I used to fix my walkman when the sound stop coming through the headphones.  I would open it up and take it apart and then troubleshoot it.  As I got older computers came into my life and I became fascinated with them and how they work.  So much so that I developed a desire to see the inner workings abd what makes them tick, so to speak.  I even went to school to become A+ certified in troubleshooting computers.  I pride myself on not having to call the companies support to fix anything.  Mostly because I was impatient and the process they went through for troubleshooting was slower to me.  Plus sometimes I didn't get the answer I needed with that tech and they would have to send me higher up the tech support food chain. 

A lot of people in the world are like me when it comes to problems in our lives.  We want to solve it ourselves so we can move forward quickly.  Whether we feel it's cheaper or our pride in our own will; we feel we can fix it ourselves. But there comes that time when you just can't fix the problem with the device.  No matter how much you read and tinker; it will never be exactly as it once was because you are not the one who created the device to begin with.  My dad would tell me that now as he has gotten older he just doesn't have the time to fool with things and would rather just pay a professional to do it. Now sometimes funds don't allow us to do that, but how much so is this parallel in our problems from day to day? We struggle and ponder and search for answers in books, seminars, and movies that would help us fix us.  We want to be able to say "I figured it out; I know how to fix my problem".  Doing it itself is convenient and cost effective but when it comes to a broken heart or a weary soul or anxiety or depression; we need to just humble ourselves and send our bodies back to the manufacturer.  We keep forgetting that the one who had created us also knows best how to fix us.  But here we let pride and impatience and selfishness get in the way of true healing.  Or say we do go to God but then we want to tell him how to fix us; like he needs our help in fixing his creation.

The bible says God created man in his image and likeness (genesis 1:26) not the other way around.  The bible says he is the potter and we are the clay.  How can the formed tell the former how to create (Romans 9:21)?  This is the main reason why the Lord put it on my heart to study biblical counseling and do Christian counseling work. People need to send themselves back to the manufacturer.  Back to the one who knows you best; the one who knows all the hairs on your head (Luke 12:7).  No one but God can look at the heart of man  (1 Samuel 16:7).  Yet for some reason we keep going elsewhere and forgetting the source.  If the person isn't pointing you to God then they are not really trying to make you whole.  Only God can fill the gap in your love life or the confusion or emptiness you need guidance away from.  Send yourself back to the manufacturer and get complete professional help from the one true source. -be blessed and a blessing-

No comments: