Saturday, March 29, 2014

Those who have ears to hear, let them hear...

In this journey of my Christian walk I would like to think know that I have grown a lot from just two years ago.  The lessons I have learned and continue to learn as to how to be an ambassador for Christ are enriching.  God has given me many gifts since I began to seek being more like him.  Hes given me more compassion, more patience, a desire to spread the gospel, a desire to show Christ to others and much much more.  After all I have been through in life, kicked out of the military all the way down to 2 divorces under my belt; I am still here.  I am not an alcoholic.  I am not depressed (yet).  I am not on drugs (anymore).  I am not suicidal.  Only by the grace of God am I able to do as Paul stated in Philippians...

Forgetting those things which lie behind me; I press forward, toward the mark of the prize of the high calling.

I should be dead, I should be an alcoholic, I should be depressed, I should be on drugs, and I should be having suicidal thoughts.  After all that I have been through, as well as put myself through; I am still here.  It's not sunflowers and rainbows but through it all God has been too kind to me.  Out of everything I have learned and been given.  The best gift God has given me is the gift of hearing and seeing.  I don't mean natural sight.  By God's grace I have never lost those.  What I am talking about is as Jesus said time and time again in scripture.  Those who have ears let them hear; and those who have eyes to see let them see.  Jesus said this to his disciples as well as those around him listening to his teaching.  He said this to those who were able to see the hidden truth and meaning behind his teaching.

I would also like to point out another meaning this scripture points to in my own life.  When you accept Jesus Christ in your heart and make the decision to follow him; you receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.  God puts his spirit within your heart and becomes a cohabitant with your spirit.  The thing is, because your spirit is used to carnal fleshly living; the Holy spirit fights against your spirit for control.  As I grow in the Lord more and more; the Holy spirit wins over certain areas in my life.  One of these areas is the gift of seeing and hearing God everywhere.  I don't mean an audible voice.  But what I do mean is that i get the blessed opportunity to see and hear God in everything.  I see God's hand in everything now.  When something happens the Holy Spirit helps me see God in it.  When I hear something on tv; even if it's some fictional tv show, I can still hear God in it.  It's truly amazing to me, because there was a time when I did not see God everywhere.

One thing that I know helps the Spirit speak a little louder to my senses is the Word of God.  The Bible has begun to take root in me in certain areas.  One of those areas is in seeing and hearing God's still quiet voice in everything.  I have come to realize that it's not just a choice to see God for that would be blasphemy against the Spirit.  But in fact it is God's spirit opening up my sensitivity to him in all the earth.

.For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse (Romans 1:20)

Even though this specific text is talking about how God has made himself known to people and they turned their back on him anyway.  My area of focus in this blog is the part where it talks about his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature.  It is here in this section that the Lord has allowed me to see him in everything.  It is not by my choice alone because I am not in charge of me.  I gave that charge over to God and I allowed him to take control of my thoughts and actions.  In doing so he has also taken over how I see and hear everything.  When I hear a persons problem; I see God.  When I see certain dangers take place; the spirit of the Lord allows me to see his grace and provision within the situation.  And please hear me when I say this.  I don't mean in some things, but in everything.  There is not a single situation or encounter that the Lord does not help me to see and hear him within it.

people would say I am bragging about what God is doing within me and all I can say to that is would you not brag on God too?  I don't brag on me because as I have said before, my past is pretty dismal and disappointing.  And by worldly standards it is still that way.  That's ok, I don't really care what the world thinks of me or my life.  But when I get the opportunity to brag on God and how he makes use of someone that is looked down on by the world.....well yea I got to share that.  

The great thing about this new sensitivity to hearing and seeing God's way is that anyone can have it.  Jesus said those who have ears let them hear and those who have eyes to see let them see.  He was talking about those that have been touched by God and can understand the things of God.  This new way of seeing and hearing is almost like embarking on a new adventure in the same world every single day.  Every day I get to say "OK God, so what are you going to show me today in your world?"  Listening to music becomes different, reading becomes different, watching a movie becomes different, even eating a meal becomes different.  Seeing God's love in everything is wonderful and very very encouraging.  Even when the devil tries his darndest to discourage me; the spirit of the Lord always seems to step in and show me God.  This is why I have been thinking about going into Christian counseling a lot lately.  I had been for the last two years but more so even now.  This world has fallen so far from God that all I want to do is help people see God in their lives and situations.  To give them hope when they see none at all.  This gift the Lord has given me is not for me alone but for all the world; and I want to share it.  

Please continue to pray for me as I try and hear the Lord in this decision to counsel.  Also, please know I pray for every single person in the world who has accepted the Lord and is learning, struggling or even falling from time to time.  By encouraging you I am encouraged to keep pushing on myself.  If you don't have this miraculous gift yet, pray and ask for it.  Also while the Lord is working on you, you allow the Word of God to seep into your pores.  Trust me, by no means am I where i would like to be in the Lord; but I do strive to be.  As you strive to be, the Lord will gift you with the proper senses needed to survive as his ambassador for the kingdom of God.  Love you - be blessed and a blessing




No comments: