Wednesday, December 11, 2013

And some change...

So I just had to share this because it has truly blessed me.  Through the Lord's great sovereign planning I ran into a friend (Norman) whom I had the pleasure of witnessing to and developing a friendship with.  Mind you I have not seen this brother for almost 5 months and it just so happen that he had reached out to some brothers from my church family and then word got to me.  So one of the brothers from the church and myself roll up to his apartment and ring the bell.  I noticed he had a peep hole so I ducked my head so he couldn't see who I was.  Needless to say he got the shock of the day when he saw me, since he was not even remotely expecting it.  So we talk and catch up and he just begins to tell what the Lord has done to sustain him in some rough times.  He also explained how finances and finding work has really been a heavy burden for him as of late.  He is also a recovering alcoholic, going on 9 months sober!!!!  When I say that you couldn't meet a nicer, warm hearted, loving, giving brother than this man here; I mean it.

He has blessed me several times in the past and just to speak with him now just gave me greater assurance that the Lord had put us together for a reason.  So as we are getting ready to part ways for like the 3 time that night, lol.  The Lord put it on my heart to help the brother out with some money.  Mind you I don't have much but I just felt the burning desire to give him something.  So I first told him to "please don't feel like this is a pity thing or anything of the sort, but I just felt like the Lord put it on my heart to give you some money and I would just like to bless you with it, even though it aint much."  I mean his eyes lit up and he was just so happy that someone helped him I almost teared up.  I didn't do much I gave 20 bucks to just help, but he was very very thankful.  He told me before he left that outside of the AA support group, he doesn't have any friends.  But he is very glad and thankful for me and being there for him.  Now if you want to talk about an emotional high of giving thanks to God for this brother and all he is doing for us that would of been it.  But however, there is more.

So I call Norman to see how he is doing with the job hunting and how has his day been going overall.  So he begins to tell me what the Lord had done for him today.  He explained to me that with the amount I gave him he ended up blessing 3 people.  He explained that there was a woman that needed some help and she didn't have any money to get her phone on.  She was waiting on a check that apparently had never came.  So Norman explains to her that the check is more than likely at the agency still being held for her.  So she calls and finds out they do have the check.  So Norman gives her some gas money so that she can go pick up her check.  They get her check and its not a whole lot, but very much needed.  So she goes to the phone store to see about getting her phone turned on.  Well to get the phone turned on it took like 70 bucks and her check was only like 60.  So before they knew it the lady behind the counter, whom she does not even know, pulls out 20 dollars and gives it to the lady so that she can get her phone on.  Then the lady behind the counter gives the woman the change.  So here this lady is just in tears and the kindness this woman has showed to a complete stranger.  And then Norman says "see all you got to do is have a little faith and just do what you can and it will work out.  God has you covered."

So also with that same 20 that I gave him he uses it to bless someone else.  He gives a brother who is living in a shelter a pack of cigarettes.  Norman explained that when he was homeless (mind you right before the Lord blessed him with an apartment) a pack of cigarettes was like having breakfast in bed.  And he remembers how it feels to not even be able to buy a pack.  So Norman buys a pack for this man and then gives him an additional three dollars just so the brother can have some money in his pocket.  This brothers and sisters is scripture.  This is putting your neighbor before yourself and then giving God the glory.  Not one time did Norman puff himself up.  He said "If the Lord had not changed me, I would not be doing this."

Normans kindness was not in the absence of his own struggle.  He is jobless right now, his rent is behind two months.  And yet, he is out looking, he's holding to his meetings and staying sober.  He is keeping the faith and pushing on.  I am so glad that the Lord put this brother in my life that words are really beyond compare.  Out of 20 dollars the Lord told me to give he used maybe 5 and some change for himself.  Yet 4 people were blessed because of this.  One woman's faith may have just grown exponentially and another brothers faith strengthened as well.   I love this brother and this brothers heart.  Please keep him in prayer.  I know the Lord is faithful and he will not leave his children orphan, and Norman knows it to.  He is a true example of keeping the faith and I am blessed to know him. - Be blessed and a blessing.

No comments: